Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why Have I Jailbroken My iPhone?

Have you ever asked yourself why people jailbreak iPhones? Well, I think that Apple has placed some artificial restrictions on iPhone. For example, we know that iPhone is inherently a multi-tasking capable device. Yet, we don't get this feature. Jailbreak your iPhone and it will be come multi-tasking-enabled. A number of other areas can be mentioned where jailbreaking iPhone makes sense.

Recently, I've been asking myself a question why I have jailbroken iPhone. To admit, there are only a couple reasons. First, jailbreaking has given me much needed multitasking. Second, I use a VoIP application Siphon. Finally, there is one serious reason - tethering. I have switched to iPhone from Nokia E90 Communicator. I'm acustomed to using mobile phones as modems. So, why shall I not be able to use iPhone - a 3.5G device as a modem?

Unfortunately, even with iPhone 3.0 software, jailbreaking might remain the only way to fully use iPhones potential. So sad, so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment