Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Freebie


I used to use Quicken and Quickbooks. For reasons that I won't go into, I will no longer use products from Intuit. And, honestly, my bank's online banking is great - does everything I need in terms of managing my accounts. Except, for one thing: it can't write checks.

I've got lots of Quicken-compatible checks left, and I hate writing them out by hand. So, I used Cocoa and Core Data to whip up a little Check Printing programming for myself. I'm happy to share, but I don't have the bandwidth to do support on this, so caveat emptor. And please note: this is not a full-fledged banking software package, it is only a check writer. It's a one-trick pony, but it does that trick fairly well.

You can download Checkbook v1.0, right here.

I will probably open source this once I'm happy with it. There are a few places with some rough edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment