Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Is not it necessary to have iPhone 4S for using SIRI?


An iPhone hacker Steven Troughton-Smith has Tweeted that he had successfully ported SIRI to the iPhone 4G and iPod touch 4G. Steven Troughton-Smith is an indie developer living in Ireland. 
He has also shared a link below, in which it is clear how SIRI works on iPhone 4G.


The hack says: “Basically, I already had everything I needed to make it work. I had spent a lot of time mapping out in my head exactly how Siri works on the iPhone. All I needed was access to a jailbroken iPhone 4S to put my hunch to the test. It literally took no longer than 10 minutes to put all the pieces in place and perform our first test on my iPhone 4, and it was an instant success.”

SIRI on iPhone 4 can recognize spoken commands in both the standard SIRI view and the keyboard Dictation view. It also has the ability to speak back to the user.

Perhaps, the most important story is that there is no technical reason for Apple not to allow Siri to run on the iPhone 4 as well.  Why Apple is making Siri an iPhone 4S exclusive is still inexplicable. It still is not authenticating commands to its servers from iPhone 4 hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment