Wednesday, September 2, 2009

360|iDev Denver

Unfortunately, I'm not planning on attending any more conferences this year. I really need to buckle down and get More iPhone Development done, and then I need to turn my attention to making money. As a result, I've turned down inquiries from both the 360 iDev and the Voices that Matter conferences this fall.

I'm really regretting the fact that I won't be able to attend the 360 iDev Denver conference, however. The inaugural conference in San Jose back in March was a great little conference. The upcoming one at the end of this month in Denver looks like it's going to be much bigger and at least as good.

In addition to speaking at the last 360|iDev conference, I had a secondary, kinda secret duty, which was to find potential iPhone authors for Apress so they could expand their catalog of iPhone offerings. Boy, was my trip successful in that regard. I handed off a list of names to Apress, and nearly every single one of them has contributed to an Apress title, writing either a chapter, or an entire book.

The caliber of people who attend 360 iDev is top-notch, both in terms of technical skill and just in terms of being nice, fun people. John and Tom, the organizers are great guys who work really hard to make the conference both valuable and fun. If I didn't have this book hanging over my head, I would certainly be going.

If you haven't signed up yet, you really should consider it. It's quite reasonably priced as far as conferences go, and you will meet a lot of people who for doing great things on our platform. You'll also learn a lot. It's a great place to make friends, find help, and just have a great time.

360|iDev Denver runs September 27 through September 30, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment