Friday, March 14, 2008

A Splash of Cold Water

I would imagine I'm not the only person who received notification from Apple today that I'm not accepted into the first round of iPhone developers. I understand that they're probably giving priority to their more prominent development partners and that they don't have the resources to support everyone, but boy, it's a tough pill to swallow. Especially since Apple is so quick to publish press releases lauding just how many people have downloaded the SDK; they never make mention in those press releases of the fact that not everyone who downloads it will actually get to it fully.

Frankly, I'm not that all that irked about not getting access to the App Store. I'd like to have that option available to me, but what I really, really, really want is to be able to test my apps on an actual iPhone. I bought a new iPhone last Thursday with its own phone line just so that I would have one that I could install the 2.0 OS onto without fear of screwing up my main phone. And now, I can't use it for that purpose and don't know when I will be able to.

I'm bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment