Thursday, August 20, 2009

Property-List Driven Detail Editing Pane

A while back, I discussed using a property list to drive a table-based detail editing pane. I had intended to use this code in a sample project in More iPhone Development. I still feel strongly that this is a good approach, and when I have some time, plan to work on it more. However, from a pedagogical standpoint, it wasn't working for me. All of the code I needed to demonstrate was getting moved to generic classes and the main point was getting lost in a confusing mess of classes.

Therefore, since it's not going to be used in the book, I'm releasing the code for people to look at and use (no restrictions or requirements). Please note, however, that this is NOT production quality code, so caveat emptor. If you want to use this in a real application, expect to sink some time into extending and debugging. In the long run, I think you'll be happier than maintaining huge sets of nested case statements, however.

You can find the project here.

No comments:

Post a Comment