Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What, Me Teach?

Yes, believe it or not, it looks like I will be teaching.

I've agreed to be the instructor for a three-day iPhone Boot Camp NYC Workshop that runs from August 14-16. Future workshops (both in New York and other places) are a possibility if I don't incite a riot or do a really horrible job teaching this one.

I'm actually really excited about doing this. The iPhone Boot Camp program is a great program and I'm looking forward to being a part of it. The ink is still fresh on the deal (I'm not even listed as an instructor on their web page yet), so I don't have many details right now, but I can tell you that this particular workshop is targeted at new iPhone developers who do have some basic programming knowledge (or, basically, the same people that our book is targeted at). So, if you live in or near the NYC Metro area and are interested in becoming an iPhone developer, I'd love to have you in my workshop.

If things work out well, I'm hoping to convince them to offer a more advanced workshop or maybe even an OpenGL / Gaming workshop in the future. Let me know if you're interested in either of those topics and, if so, where you live.

About the only other thing I know at this point is that I will be tweaking the syllabus that's on their website just a bit to update it for 3.0 and to match my own teaching style. Other than that, details will be forthcoming once I know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment